Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lesson 4,893 Learned + Prospects


I'm WAY too out of practice to ride a bike more than 2 seconds. I rode a measly 1.7 miles (that's NOTHING on a bike!) yesterday, and my butt is killing me!

I also nearly crashed about a dozen times. I haven't been on a bike since middle school so I'd gotten the hang of it by the time we were done.

Ugh...I need a wider, cushy seat if I'm going to do this. My poor hindparts can't take it. Oh, and it's a kid's mountain bike I'm riding, too. Not super smart on my part!

In other news, I have a show that's done well by me in the past coming up next Saturday. The theme fits well with my pieces, so I'm rather looking forward to attending again.

I've also been given several opportunities to display my work on consignment in local shops and galleries.

The only problem is this: I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with everything. I also don't want to essentially have my best pieces on hold while still trying to do shows and sell on Etsy.

I suppose this means I should get to work making new things, possibly even have a sale to clear out some of my older, more basic pieces.

I just don't know. It seemed like a great opportunity, but I'm just worried I'm getting in over my head. I suppose we'll see.

Now, I'd better get to work!

No comments: