Saturday, October 6, 2007

Today's Featured Artist: arosebyname

Today's featured artist, arosebyname, creates amazingly intricate works using many different beadwork techniques. Her designs are both colorful and detailed, making them fun and right at home in anyone's jewelry collection.

Lunachick: What made you decide to start creating?

arosebyname: I've been creating in one way or another since I was a child. Drawing, painting, knitting (didn't work), crocheting (even worse), embroidery, writing, poetry, cross-stitch and beading. And yet, there are still things out there I would love to try!

Lunachick: When did you start?

arosebyname: I started beading over 10 years ago with my daughters. It was when the bead critters were popular. As the years have progressed, the beads have gotten smaller and the designs more intricate.
Lunachick: What has been the most difficult part of selling?

arosebyname: It's been difficult self-promoting. I know I do the best that I possibly can with each and every piece, yet there is something about talking it up that is very difficult for me. It probably has a lot to do with being raised with the "one must be humble and not boastful" mindset.

Lunachick: Which piece are you most proud of?

arosebyname: Right now my favorite piece is "Linked to the Sea". It was a labor of love and I really like how it turned out.

Lunachick: What is your favorite material to work with?

arosebyname: Delica beads and Nymo thread.

Lunachick: What's the most satisfying part of creating/selling your work?
arosebyname: I love it when I have an idea in my head and I can make it become reality. It may take five or six attempts, but when it happens, it is wonderful!

Lunachick: Any advice for others selling their work?

arosebyname: All I can tell someone is to stick with it. I have been very frustrated with the lack of sales, but I know that if I push myself to promote, I can pull the buyers in.
Lunachick: What's a random fact about yourself?

arosebyname: I have been happily married for 21 years.

Lunachick: Anything else you'd like to say?

arosebyname: Keep creating, we're making the world a more beautiful place!

No comments: