Monday, June 30, 2008

What A Weekend...


Whew! That was a LOT of running around to do for 45 bucks!


I spent almost the entire weekend at shows and I made a whopping $45 to show for it.


Didn't make a cent at the farmer's market and sold three things at another festival that was in the middle of BFE. People came to it, but were only interested in themed items, which I had none of, of course.


I'm now out of business cards, though...ok, I have like five left, but still. That's almost out!


I need to reorder them ASAP but that, as we all know, costs money, which I don't currently have much of.


I also need to buy a new tent for the big show coming up on July 12th. That's one that I do very well at so I'm not taking the dinky tent this year.


In other news, still no stimulus check. I've got one custom order in the works and something else on hold to be purchased on Wednesday. That'll help!


I got word a few days ago that my financial aid for college was approved, so now I actually get to go back. That's very big for me, as it's been five years since I was forced to drop out to work full time.


Now, I'll be attempting to work full time (need the $ and insurance) while taking a full course load. Five out of six classes will be independent learning classes and one will be a night class that lasts for three hours on Mondays. That's a long time, but I think I'll just shut up and deal with it.


I need college. That's become apparent in the past few years. I don't want to be stuck at the front desk answering phones and typing for the rest of my life, you know?


If I'm ever going to follow my dream of opening my own shop, I have to do this. If I don't, stuck is where I'll be forever, jumping from one crappy job to the next for the rest of my life. I really, REALLY don't want that.


So, off to college I go! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Patrizia said...

Good luck at your next show and also when you start back at school!